A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » New Users
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Images and File Size in Word

Old May 16th, 2014, 02:06 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: May 2011
Default Images and File Size in Word

Hi all,

I am using Word 2007.

I have a large document with several photos in it. The photos were scanned at a high resolution. The file is becoming so large that it is difficult to edit - long waits after a change is made.

I decided to try to alleviate this problem by down-sizing my photos in Photoshop (Windows Explorer shows that the new photos are indeed smaller), deleting the original photos from my document and inserting the smaller images in their place. Surprisingly when I did this the size of the document increased, not decreased as I expected.

What is happening?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Robert
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:33 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jan 2017

Hi Robert, I always resize images first in Paint.net to reduce file size.

Last edited by SteveWilks : December 8th, 2023 at 04:03 PM.
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:32 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWA View Post
Hi all,

I am using Word 2007.

I have a large document with several photos in it. The photos were scanned at a high resolution. The file is becoming so large that it is difficult to edit - long waits after a change is made.

I decided to alleviate this problem by down-sizing my photos in Photoshop (Windows Explorer shows that the new photos are indeed smaller), deleting the original photos from my document and inserted in this phen375 review the smaller images in their place. Surprisingly when I did this the size of the document increased, not decreased as I expected.

What is happening?

Robert
Yes, the only option for you is to reduce the size of your images. If you're unable to do so using your method try an online service called Kraken Image Optimizer. It is free and hopefully, it will solve your problem.

Last edited by BenjaminNino : July 22nd, 2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:58 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNino View Post
Yes, the only option for you is to reduce the size of your images. If you're unable to do so using your method try the vigrx reviews https://alvenda.com/dbal-max-review/ an online service called Kraken Image Optimizer. It is free and hopefully, it will solve your problem.
I've been using Kraken plugin for my wordpress websites, but did not know that you can compress individual images through their websites.

Last edited by ChristopherGonzalez : March 7th, 2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old April 5th, 2019, 10:55 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherGonzalez View Post
I've been using Kraken plugin for my wordpress, but did not know article about otc phentermine that you can compress individual images through their websites.
And the best part is, their web interface allows you to compress the images for free, although with some restrictions.

Last edited by PaulGonzalez : January 1st, 2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old May 1st, 2019, 09:37 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWA View Post
Hi all,

I am using Word 2007.

I decided to try to alleviate this problem by down-sizing my photos in Photoshop (Windows Explorer shows that the new photos are indeed smaller), deleting the original photos from my document and inserting the smaller images in their place. Surprisingly when I did this the size of the document increased, not decreased as I expected.

What is happening?

Robert
Indeed photo shop will increase the weightage of the pic,

You can go ahead reduce the size of the pictures using the paint application, however you have to do one pic at a time and can be time consuming but its the best way.

or you can also use https://www.reduceimages.com which helps a lot.

Try that and let us know.

Regards,
Dinu
Enterprise E3 Expert

Last edited by Beingdinu : June 6th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.