A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

How do I change the default font for new messages?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 17th, 2006, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
TheAggie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?
Ads
  #2  
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Clement
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

Go to Tools-Options-Mail Format-Fonts

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #3  
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
TheAggie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

Thank You for your reply. That corrected my problem.

Sometimes I am frustrated because this simple answer was not in the Help and
the path to the fonts was not obvious until you mentioned it. This is were a
lot of design still needs to be done for software, but how many questions can
be answered and more will be asked.

Thanks Again...

"Clement" wrote:

Go to Tools-Options-Mail Format-Fonts

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #4  
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
BillyT4QAMF
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

I have tried this, but Times New Roman still comes up by default. I am
stumped!

"TheAggie" wrote:

Thank You for your reply. That corrected my problem.

Sometimes I am frustrated because this simple answer was not in the Help and
the path to the fonts was not obvious until you mentioned it. This is were a
lot of design still needs to be done for software, but how many questions can
be answered and more will be asked.

Thanks Again...

"Clement" wrote:

Go to Tools-Options-Mail Format-Fonts

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #5  
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
MrMel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

I have tried this also and the Times New Roman/12 continues to show.

"Clement" wrote:

Go to Tools-Options-Mail Format-Fonts

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #6  
Old October 14th, 2008, 11:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
WearyWill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?



"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #7  
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Win
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

Same here. I tried font size from 12 to 11. It never changes. Why?

"BillyT4QAMF" wrote:

I have tried this, but Times New Roman still comes up by default. I am
stumped!

"TheAggie" wrote:

Thank You for your reply. That corrected my problem.

Sometimes I am frustrated because this simple answer was not in the Help and
the path to the fonts was not obvious until you mentioned it. This is were a
lot of design still needs to be done for software, but how many questions can
be answered and more will be asked.

Thanks Again...

"Clement" wrote:

Go to Tools-Options-Mail Format-Fonts

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #8  
Old November 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
kjunmiss
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

I made all of the changes in the "signature and font" but when I start a new
message, it still has the default. Why

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #9  
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Maryfry
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?

I am having the same problem and I hope whoever is answering doesn't jus say
"click or show to hide original message" this isn't the problem. It's a
brand new email message, i have selected "always use my fonts", new mail
messages and the font selected is Tahoma 12....but every single time when i
create a new mail message it reverts back to arial 10...is there a bug in
your code on outlook 2007 as i sure didn't have this issue in the 2003
version.
FRUSTRATED FRU

"kjunmiss" wrote:

I made all of the changes in the "signature and font" but when I start a new
message, it still has the default. Why

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?

  #10  
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Annelle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default How do I change the default font for new messages?



"Maryfry" wrote:

I am having the same problem and I hope whoever is answering doesn't jus say
"click or show to hide original message" this isn't the problem. It's a
brand new email message, i have selected "always use my fonts", new mail
messages and the font selected is Tahoma 12....but every single time when i
create a new mail message it reverts back to arial 10...is there a bug in
your code on outlook 2007 as i sure didn't have this issue in the 2003
version.
FRUSTRATED FRU

"kjunmiss" wrote:

I made all of the changes in the "signature and font" but when I start a new
message, it still has the default. Why

"TheAggie" wrote:

Whenever I attempt to create a new message, reply or forward a message, the
default font is a star trek font I have. Simply, how does one change the
default font for created messages in MS outlook?



I had the same problem, but were able to fix it by selecting "always use my
fonts". Hope that helps!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 OfficeFrustration.
The comments are property of their posters.