A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Outlook 2003 won't start



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,988
Default Outlook 2003 won't start

Bill Katz wrote:

Yes, I've tried re-creating mail accounts, but it always get back to
the same inability to create the default folder.


You'll notice that I did not say "re-creating mail accounts". I said "mail
profile".

I need to somehow
tell the installation that the default folder should be .pst instead
of Business Contact Manger.


http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Ads
  #22  
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bill Katz[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Outlook 2003 won't start



"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Bill Katz wrote:

Yes, I've tried re-creating mail accounts, but it always get back to
the same inability to create the default folder.


You'll notice that I did not say "re-creating mail accounts". I said "mail
profile".

I need to somehow
tell the installation that the default folder should be .pst instead
of Business Contact Manger.


http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



And you'll notice that I've already posted that when I try to create a new
mail profile I get the message "There was an error locating one of
the items to complete this operation. It might have been deleted". And as
you asked a previous poster, yes, I've tried both the "repair" and
"reinstall" operations from the "Add/Remove software" task in the control
panel. Still stuck.

  #23  
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,988
Default Outlook 2003 won't start

Bill Katz wrote:

And you'll notice that I've already posted that when I try to create
a new mail profile I get the message "There was an error locating one
of the items to complete this operation. It might have been deleted".


I didn't see that post until just now. Did you uninstall BCM?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
  #24  
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bill Katz[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Outlook 2003 won't start



"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Bill Katz wrote:

And you'll notice that I've already posted that when I try to create
a new mail profile I get the message "There was an error locating one
of the items to complete this operation. It might have been deleted".


I didn't see that post until just now. Did you uninstall BCM?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]


Yes I uninstalled BCM. And after I uninstalled BCM I ran the repair (and
when that didn't work, the reinstall) on the Office 2003 installation.

BCM was part of a preinstalled package when I bought the computer, and while
I realized I had to uninstall Office 2007, I missed BCM until it was too late.
  #25  
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,988
Default Outlook 2003 won't start

Bill Katz wrote:

Yes I uninstalled BCM. And after I uninstalled BCM I ran the repair
(and when that didn't work, the reinstall) on the Office 2003
installation.

BCM was part of a preinstalled package when I bought the computer,
and while I realized I had to uninstall Office 2007, I missed BCM
until it was too late.


Can you put things back the way they were (i.e., BCM installed) and start
again? I'm afraid that if a new mail profile doens't work, I don't know
what else to suggest. Dod you ask in the BCM newsgroup?
microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

  #26  
Old August 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bill Katz[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Outlook 2003 won't start



"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Bill Katz wrote:

Yes I uninstalled BCM. And after I uninstalled BCM I ran the repair
(and when that didn't work, the reinstall) on the Office 2003
installation.

BCM was part of a preinstalled package when I bought the computer,
and while I realized I had to uninstall Office 2007, I missed BCM
until it was too late.


Can you put things back the way they were (i.e., BCM installed) and start
again? I'm afraid that if a new mail profile doens't work, I don't know
what else to suggest. Dod you ask in the BCM newsgroup?
microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]



No, I can't. BCM was "advertising-ware" that came on the laptop and I don't
have a disk for it. I don't want it. And BCM wasn't working when it was
there.

Will doing a complete uninstall of Office clear everything out?? I really
don't want to install the OS from scratch.
  #27  
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,988
Default Outlook 2003 won't start

Bill Katz wrote:

No, I can't. BCM was "advertising-ware" that came on the laptop and
I don't have a disk for it. I don't want it. And BCM wasn't
working when it was there.


Download a trial Office that contains BCM and install that.

Will doing a complete uninstall of Office clear everything out?? I
really don't want to install the OS from scratch.


Beats me. I was under the impression BCM appears as a separate item in
Add/Remove and not a subitem of Office's setup. The Office suite I have
contains BCM but I never installed it, having no need for it. I'd still
recommend asking in microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

  #28  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Arnaud Miege
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10
Default Outlook 2003 won't start


"Bill Katz" wrote in message
...


"Oliwan" wrote:

I had this problem when Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 is
installed alongside Outlook 2003. To fix it i uninstalled Business
Contact
Manager then opened Mail in Control Panel to add a data file.

"Arnaud Miege" wrote:


I tried uninstalling Business Contact Manager, running both repair and
reinstall on Office 2003. When I go to Mail in the Control Panel and try
to
add a data file, the pulldown is blank. It won't let me add a data file.


Just an update on this. I followed pretty much the same workflow, with the
same results, i.e. still unable to launch Outlook. I have finally given up
on this and found an alternative solution.

As an FYI, what I was trying to do is have Outlook on my home laptop so that
my wife could access my (work) Outlook calendar using a PDA to sync between
both laptops:

Outlook on my work laptop - Active Sync - PDA - Active Sync- Outlook on
my home laptop.

The other solution that we tried (but also didn't work) was (she uses
Microsoft Entourage on her work laptop - a Mac):

Outlook on my work laptop - Active Sync - PDA - PocketMac - Entourage.

After buying PocketMac, I also couldn't get it work, and eventually asked
for a refund. The solution that we finally adopted was:

Outlook on my work laptop - Google Sync - my Google calendar - share -
her Google calendar.

Works just fine. Not sure what's wrong with Outlook on my home laptop.

Arnaud


  #30  
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Captain_Eric
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Outlook 2003 won't start

Glad that you found a work around, but I still have the same problem you
described.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

This is a mess. I need to get this up and running. Help!

"Arnaud Miege" wrote:


"Bill Katz" wrote in message
...


"Oliwan" wrote:

I had this problem when Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 is
installed alongside Outlook 2003. To fix it i uninstalled Business
Contact
Manager then opened Mail in Control Panel to add a data file.

"Arnaud Miege" wrote:


I tried uninstalling Business Contact Manager, running both repair and
reinstall on Office 2003. When I go to Mail in the Control Panel and try
to
add a data file, the pulldown is blank. It won't let me add a data file.


Just an update on this. I followed pretty much the same workflow, with the
same results, i.e. still unable to launch Outlook. I have finally given up
on this and found an alternative solution.

As an FYI, what I was trying to do is have Outlook on my home laptop so that
my wife could access my (work) Outlook calendar using a PDA to sync between
both laptops:

Outlook on my work laptop - Active Sync - PDA - Active Sync- Outlook on
my home laptop.

The other solution that we tried (but also didn't work) was (she uses
Microsoft Entourage on her work laptop - a Mac):

Outlook on my work laptop - Active Sync - PDA - PocketMac - Entourage.

After buying PocketMac, I also couldn't get it work, and eventually asked
for a refund. The solution that we finally adopted was:

Outlook on my work laptop - Google Sync - my Google calendar - share -
her Google calendar.

Works just fine. Not sure what's wrong with Outlook on my home laptop.

Arnaud



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 OfficeFrustration.
The comments are property of their posters.