A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Office » Setup, Installing & Configuration
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Problems with Office 2003 Deployment and Custom Installation

Old February 25th, 2005, 03:54 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Feb 2005
Default Problems with Office 2003 Deployment and Custom Installation

Hello,

I have a problem with the Custom Installation Wizard for Office 2003. On the user desktop I have Office 2000 Professional and we want to install only the Outlook 2003 software as an upgrade to the Outlook 2000. I used the Custom Installation Wizard to create a transform (MST) file and configured the Office 2003 Featured Installation States to "not install" Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Publisher software. I only specified Outlook 2003 to be installed. I used a simple batch file with the following command line parameters:

SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=MST FILE /qb+

The end result is that the other Office 2003 applications still get installed even after I specified them not to be installed.

Now when I run a manual install and select the "Custom" and deselect everything except Outlook I have no problems. Using the MST file, it seems that something is overriding my custom installation. Anyone encounter this, please advise.

Thanks,
Tracy
DHS-ICE Information Technology Branch
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:50 PM
ren14
external usenet poster

I have the exact same problem. I only want to install Outlook 2003 and all
the Office programs are installed when I run the Custom Installation Wizard.

Did you ever find a resolution?
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:43 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Feb 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren14
I have the exact same problem. I only want to install Outlook 2003 and all
the Office programs are installed when I run the Custom Installation Wizard.

Did you ever find a resolution?

Yes I when you are selecting the custom options you have to set the other products as "Not Available" rather than just deselecting them. It's kind of confusing, but that's what worked for me.