A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Envelope in system tray and no new email

Old May 18th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Jakes
external usenet poster

Default Envelope in system tray and no new email

I am using Outlook 2002 - i recieve an indicator that new mail arrives (envelope in the system tray), but there are no new emails. I am not using any rules to move emails to the Deleted Items folder (there are no rules setup at all). When I get the Envelope I go to Inbox and see no new emails, then i check the Deleted Items folder and there are no new emails (or old - completely empty). When i right mouse click on Deleted Items and click Empty Deleted Items the Envelope goes away. Any ideas as to why this happens?
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Athena [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster

On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:31:09 -0700 Jakes wrote:
When I get the Envelope I go to Inbox and see no new emails, then i check the Deleted Items folder and there are no new emails (or old - completely empty).

Open your Deleted Items folder and click View|Current View -- is it set to display all the messages in that folder?
--
Athena

Old May 20th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Jakes
external usenet poster

My view is set to Messages - the first one. So i believe i am viewing all messages.
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Jakes
external usenet poster

I saw what happened - i Rec'd a email into my Inbox. It immediatly disappeared and went to my Deleted Items (saw the number show up - meaning unread messages (1). Then the number disappeared. I clicked on Deleted Items and there were no emails in there.

Old May 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Jakes
external usenet poster

I can see both read and unread messages in Deleted Items - again there are no messages configured that i can see