A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » General Discussion
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

2007 draft view Width problem

Old October 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Oct 2010
Default 2007 draft view Width problem

In Word 2000 the draft view was a...er...text (.txt) like view. It was a computer view. It had nothing to do with the paper. It was not constrained by the paper. It would display right acrosss the widthof my computer screen. But in 2007 the draft view and the print layout view are more similar. The draft view in 2007 seems to be contrained by the width of the paper page.

Is there anyway that I can get the Office 2007 draft view, or outline view to display themselves at the width of my screen not the width of the paper page?

My reason for asking this is because I split my screen so as to view an important piece of texts in the top split. At the top I want to display a couple of pargraphs using the full screeen width, without zooming. If I zoom in, the the text gets bigger so the amount of text displayable in the top paft of the screeen split is reduced.