A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » Mailmerge
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Word Mail Merge Template

Old February 18th, 2015, 09:58 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Feb 2015
Default Word Mail Merge Template

Hi there,

I am not sure whether this is possible, but I would like to create a Word mail merge template document. The idea is that individuals just need to open the document and have all the mail merge fields in place automatically and correctly formatted. Ideally, they should just have to press one macro button and the information from a set Excel spreadsheet would automatically pull across and populate the individual label cells.

I'm not sure whether there is any way to do this because the data list to pull the information across may change each time. Or should people just save it under the same name?

The label format I would like to select for the template is 'Herma 4201 - SuperPrint'. I would also like to include two mail merge fields, 'landline no.' and 'Ext no.' from the attached data list. I would also like the word 'Ext:' to appear before the ext no. on the label. The two fields should be formatted in bold in Calibri (body) 12 and centred in each cell.

Label example:
01539751504 (landline no.)
Ext. 301 (extension no.)

Ideally, I would like to be able to use the same mail merge template for multiple data lists without the need to reformat all the labels each time.

Would anyone know whether this is possible?

Many thanks,

Daniel
Attached Files
File Type: zip TEST data list.zip (14.0 KB, 444 views)