A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Office » General Discussions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

MS Word - Removing the 'Track Changes' feature on a document

Old March 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2011
Default MS Word - Removing the 'Track Changes' feature on a document

Hi Forum,

This is my first post here. My name's Jeff, I live in Kamloops, BC, Canada and work for a wind power company, and by night and any other time the cats and the cactus keep me busy, when I'm not shoveling snow (not that we get much, but I thought I'd put in a weather whinge, especially since today's March 1st and we're nowhere near Spring in terms of climate).

Anyway, enough of me....my problem is a group of Word documents I use frequently which, in spite of all of my efforts to do so, will not shut the 'Track Changes' feature off, no matter that it's turned off on the toolbars and removed from the toolbars completely.

Our company is using a file-sharing system to which I've checked out these documents, made all of the changes, then told the document to 'accept all changes' and checked it back in, having disabled the track changes feature before uploading it. I've also saved the document locally and made the changes, turned off track changes and removed the toolbar, uploaded the document, and when I checked it out again, the track changes feature was active (but not automatically in the tool bar).

In short, I can't seem to wash this feature out of my hair - can you help me? Whatever I do, this feature seems to be an intrinsic feature of this group of documents, and I so do not want it so.

Thanks much for your help with this minor-yet-vexing PITA,

Jeff

Last edited by cactusmcharris : March 1st, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old March 11th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjaksons View Post
I have noticed that pictures that are wrapped ‘Inline with text’ have an underline when deleted, but so do the pictures that have been added with track changes on.

Peter,

There are no pictures / objects in the MS Word document.

Thanks,

jh

Last edited by cactusmcharris : March 11th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmcharris View Post
Peter,

There are no pictures / objects in the MS Word document.

Thanks,

jh
If you're using Word 2007, you can select round-button/Prepare/Inspect Document then click Inspect.
Next to Comments, Revisions, Versions and Annotations, click the Remove All button.

Alternatively you could click Accept All, but it sounds like you've tried this already.
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquinious View Post
If you're using Word 2007, you can select round-button/Prepare/Inspect Document then click Inspect.
Next to Comments, Revisions, Versions and Annotations, click the Remove All button.

Alternatively you could click Accept All, but it sounds like you've tried this already.
Tarquinious,

Thanks for the informative replay. The problem was occurring in Word 2003. Almost as soon as you posted your reply, we jumped from 2003 to 2010 without stopping at 2007.

The problem's still there in Word 2010-it seems stuck to it like white on rice.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited by cactusmcharris : March 24th, 2011 at 10:51 PM.