A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Access » Using Forms
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Creating a Switchboard Form

Old May 28th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Mark G
external usenet poster

Default Creating a Switchboard Form

I need some help creating a swithcboard form. I am still a novice at Access (and for some reason my company is still using Access 97!). I used the switchboard manager to create a fairly basic switchboard. I designated the actions for each switchboard item (i.e. open form in edit mode, open report, etc.) when setting this up. The table was generated, as was a switchboard form, however, the only thing on the form is the title and 8 blank buttons. Do I need to build expressions for each of these or did I not do something correctly? I would have thought that since the actions were specified when using the switchboard manager that this would have been done already.

Thanks,
Mark
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Jeff Conrad
external usenet poster

Default Creating a Switchboard Form

Hi Mark,

That's odd.
*Sounds* like you did everything right.

What is your operating system?

Open up the Switchboard Items TABLE.
Do you see any records?
Can you post a few sample records from the table for us to check?

Did you make any modifications to the form's code?

Do you receive any error messages?

Other things to try:
1. Compile the database
2. Compact the database

--
Jeff Conrad
Access Junkie
Bend, Oregon

"Mark G" wrote in message
I need some help creating a swithcboard form. I am still a novice at Access (and for some reason

my company is still using Access 97!). I used the switchboard manager to create a fairly basic
switchboard. I designated the actions for each switchboard item (i.e. open form in edit mode, open
report, etc.) when setting this up. The table was generated, as was a switchboard form, however,
the only thing on the form is the title and 8 blank buttons. Do I need to build expressions for
each of these or did I not do something correctly? I would have thought that since the actions were
specified when using the switchboard manager that this would have been done already.

Thanks,
Mark