A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » Tables
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Cell hover display question (Specific)

Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Sep 2010
Default Cell hover display question (Specific)

I was wondering if there is any way to, when the mouse hovers over a specific data input in the cell, for a small display to come up showing prior entries into that cell with a timestamp? Perhaps maybe even clicking on that same input would show a graph with changes over time and progress? If so, how would it be possible to create? I'm relatively new to Microsoft word, but I feel like I'm proficient enough to post with some degree of certainty that this is possible..
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:13 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob91 View Post
I was wondering if there is any way to, when the mouse hovers over a specific data input in the cell, for a small display to come up showing prior entries into that cell with a timestamp? Perhaps maybe even clicking on that same input would show a graph with changes over time and progress? If so, how would it be possible to create? I'm relatively new to Microsoft word, but I feel like I'm proficient enough to post with some degree of certainty that this is possible..
I was hoping for a different answer but perhaps I shall make a feature request. I'll have to devise a workaround for the client.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:35 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaxikor View Post
I was hoping for a different answer but perhaps I shall make a feature request. I'll have to devise a workaround for the client.
Probably the most popular is by way of a newsreader (e.g. Outlook Express). For that reason you have to include things like the details from the submit to which you happen to be replying, so newsreaders can interpret them accurately.