A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Office » Setup, Installing & Configuration
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Problems after admin install

Old April 28th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Delon Weuve
external usenet poster

Default Problems after admin install

I have a problem with MS Office 2003.

I installed MS Office 2003 onto a network drive using the "/a" command switch.

It looked like it installed out to the network without issue. The users then used SetupPro.EXE to install to the local hard drive of their desktop or laptop computer. Now I have had a couple of issues come up and when I run SetupPro.EXE again in the hoping of running a repair on it, the user gets a error message from the Windows Installer.

"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

What is this and what do I do to stop this.

Thanks in advance.

Old May 6th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Roger Enqvist
external usenet poster

Default Problems after admin install

Have you patched the client?
In that case the client is out of sync from the admin installation.
When patching clients directly they will no longer recognize the MSI on the admin install point.

You can fix this by either running
"path-to-admininstall\setup.exe" REINSTALL=all /qb on the client.
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/...tA01.htm#sub_2)
If you haven't patched the admininstall you will loose the patches on the client.

or by
Updating the admin installation with all patches and then update the clients with the command above.
Check the link! Its the answer to your questions...

I am patching my clients by first updating the admin installation and then updating the clients from the admin install.

/Roger Enqvist
MCP
"Delon Weuve" wrote in message ...
I have a problem with MS Office 2003.

I installed MS Office 2003 onto a network drive using the "/a" command switch.

It looked like it installed out to the network without issue. The users then used SetupPro.EXE to install to the local hard drive of their desktop or laptop computer. Now I have had a couple of issues come up and when I run SetupPro.EXE again in the hoping of running a repair on it, the user gets a error message from the Windows Installer.

"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

What is this and what do I do to stop this.

Thanks in advance.