A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Powerpoint, Publisher and Visio » Publisher
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

JPEGs "echoing"

Old May 12th, 2004, 06:26 PM
GandalfGrey
external usenet poster

Default JPEGs "echoing"

In Publisher 2003, suddenly every JPEG I insert that exceeds somewhere between 200 and 300 K suddenly becomes a "tiled" picture. That is, it will stay the same size, but squeeze down so two or three distorted versions of the JPEG appear in the box. Only solution I have found.....a troublesome, time consuming one.....reduce the image size to under 200 K! I have never before had this problem in 2000 or now 2003 Publisher.....I use a LOT of JPEGs! Help
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:36 PM
GandalfGrey
external usenet poster

Default JPEGs "echoing"

After 24 hours and long conversations with both HP & Microsoft.........

The problem (think of a graphic with the box divided into thirds....an upper, middle and lower third, each reproducing the graphic in a compressed top-to-bottom mode).........

A glitch is causing Microsoft Publisher 2003, in some situations, to do this.......

Only solution, til they come up with a patch, is to turn off the spooling and print direct to printer.....

Don't know why, but it works!

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Mary Sauer
external usenet poster

Default JPEGs "echoing"

Thanks for the report. It will filed away in case someone else has this issue...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"GandalfGrey" wrote in message
After 24 hours and long conversations with both HP & Microsoft.........

The problem (think of a graphic with the box divided into thirds....an upper,

middle and lower third, each reproducing the graphic in a compressed top-to-bottom
mode).........

A glitch is causing Microsoft Publisher 2003, in some situations, to do this.......

Only solution, til they come up with a patch, is to turn off the spooling and print

direct to printer.....

Don't know why, but it works!