A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Excel » New Users
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Cuisinart Stainless Steel 16" Roaster with Roasting Rack

Old May 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Cuisinart Stainless Steel 16" Roaster with Roasting Rack

List Price:$59.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000YP0H5Y
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000YP0H5Y

We have a (high end) wall oven and we already know that it is smaller than some freestanding stoves or professional ovens that some people have in their homes.We purchased this pan as it was advertised as being a 16 inch pan. We knew that our oven does hold a 16 inch pan. However when we got it home we realized that the handles splay out so far that it didn't fit in the oven. I know there is an image on the box but we didn't realize that they added five inches to the pan size. After this debacle I measured the pan at home, to satisfy our curiosity, and so I could be accurate in this review.I wanted to share this with you, so you can double check the interior size of your oven versus the size of this pan from end to end.The interior of the pan is 16 inches and I know that it is correct in the industry to label a pan by the interior "cooking space". However when buying a pan you need to know what the total size of the pan is in order to know if it will fit inside of your oven.The measurement from the interior of the pan to the end of each handle is 2.5 inches so that means the entire pan is 21 inches long. That meant it didn't fit inside of our oven. Thank goodness we happened to have a disposable aluminum pan on hand or we would have had nothing to cook our Thanksgiving turkey in.And now we have to return our (unused, new) pan. There is no need for the handles to splay out that far, in my opinion this is a poor design and that brings my review down to 2 stars.Our former pan of another brand had loop type handles that were easy to grip which went straight upward which allowed for a larger interior pan size in a smaller oven. Our quest for a large roasting pan that will hold a 25 pound turkey that can fit into our wall oven continues...
Rise up to any roasting occasion with Cuisinart's classic pan and rack combo. The polished stainless steel construction interacts brilliantly with turkey and other birds, while the nonstick rack features high-clearance handles, making it easy to transport food to the carving board. Limited lifetime warranty.