A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Access » Setting Up & Running Reports
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Default Printer Problems

Old June 6th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Ella
external usenet poster

Default Default Printer Problems

I am having the same issue, but with many users. I created the db in 97 and overtime converted it to xp and only recently started having issues with two databases that are in use with many users, (sql backend). The form gets printed to my default printer and not the users default printer. I have double checked a few users and they have there own default printer settings correct and the printer I have as a default is not even in their printers folder.

I am testing out by creating a report and see if that fixes the issue, but really there should be no difference between printing the form or report. Users are spoiled and if it takes them a few extra clicks instead of clicking one button they complain ALOT. One db I was able to logon as one of the users and choose a specific printer and then go back to the default printer and all was well. This interm resolution did not work for my other database.

All users have been patched with all current Office updates/patches. I have worked with Access for sometime and have never run into this issue before. I am also familar with the setting the default printer in Access or changing it to a specific printer.

Would appreciate the assistance.
Thanks,

----- Marin Kostov wrote: -----

This is not problem of Access, this is problem with the Printers Settings.
How to solve it:
Open My Computer. Open the Printers Folder. The Default Printer should be
marked with a check sign over the icon. So, if other printer is marked as
default... just right-click the proper printer, and choose Set as Default.

--
Marin Kostov
Microsoft Office XP Master Instructor

Old June 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Ella
external usenet poster

Default Default Printer Problems

Never mind it appears there is an issue with MS Access detecting the default printer of the user. I had a default printer setup, but MS Access said that there was no printer. I was playing with some settings of the printer and then all was good. Not sure what exactly is the issue, but at least I am getting some where.