A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Excel » Charts and Charting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Multiple opened charts showing duplicate data

Old March 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jul 2005
Default Multiple opened charts showing duplicate data

I have a spreadsheet which links to external data. I save multiple copies of this workbook with different data. When I open several of these workbooks to compare charts, they all look the same. If I close a workbook and then open another I can see the different data.

There is a security warning with the message "Automatic update of links has been disabled" at the top of the data. There is a button to enable content. If I click this button I get junk because the data source is no longer connected.

I have this issue with the '70 and now the '10 versions of excel. I have been using a computer with an older version of excel to look at the files, and while this works for now we will soon be upgrading that machine. In the older version I can open a folder and select several of these workbooks, and open them all at once. I can then look at the charts as I close each file. When I do this with office '10 I see several copies of the same data. I would like to be able to quickly glance over the charts and compare them, without having to open and close each one at a time.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Hemlock : March 26th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.