A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » General Discussion
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Comments not tagged in Navigation Pane in Word 2016

Old October 11th, 2018, 09:32 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Oct 2018
Default Comments not tagged in Navigation Pane in Word 2016

I use track changes and comments in Word for about 85% of my job. When I started using Word 2016, comments that I add to a document are tagged with my initials and a number IN THE DOCUMENT ITSELF, but when I try to find a particular comment in the navigation pane on the left, the comments are NOT tagged there (used to be TF1, TF2, etc would show in navigation pane so you could identify your comments), so it is nearly impossible to find a particular comment in the navigation pane now. If you use the comments feature, you know that in prior versions of Word your comments were tagged in both the document AND the navigation pane so that you could easily find them if you wanted to edit or remove a comment. I have searched the internet but have not found any advice on whether I just have to live with this, or if it can be fixed. It would be totally irritating if I had to live with this, it makes my job so much harder.
Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2019, 09:53 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfuller View Post
I use track changes and comments in Word for about 85% of my job. When I started using Word 2016, comments that I add to a document are tagged with my initials and a number IN THE DOCUMENT ITSELF, but when I try to find a particular comment in the navigation pane on the left, the comments are NOT tagged there (used to be TF1, TF2, etc would show in navigation pane so you could identify your comments), so it is nearly impossible to find a particular comment in the navigation pane now. If you use the comments feature, you know that in prior versions of Word your comments were tagged in both the document AND the navigation pane so that you could easily find them if you wanted to edit or remove a comment. I have searched the internet but have not found any advice on whether I just have to live with this, or if it can be fixed. It would be totally irritating if I had to live with this, it makes my job so much harder.
Thanks.
Hello TF,

The comments feature has very recently been overhauled. Please update to latest version and then test again.

and also for your issue I want to know first what kind of subscription do you use ?( Office for 365 business or Office 2016) I test both latest version on my PC and no issue happened ,So I suggest you to update to latest version(Office for 365 business / Office 2016)

If the issue still happened after you update your version, please share the screenshot of the issue.

2. To check whether the issue happens to all files even a new created one, you can open a new file and add comment, can you edit the comment? Does it shows on the Navigation Pane ?

You can also learn more about Insert, delete, or change a comment @ https://support.office.com/en-us/art...3-2C80391ECF12

Regards,

Last edited by Beingdinu : November 4th, 2022 at 12:15 PM.