A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Contacts
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Outlook Personal Folders Backup Tool

Old June 28th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Jim Coplan
external usenet poster

Default Outlook Personal Folders Backup Tool

I downloaded the optional "Personal Folders Backup Tool" from Microsoft, and ran it, accepting the default location for the backup files. Now, when I click on "Contacts" in the navigation pane, I see two copies of all my Personal folders in the "My Contacts" window. I think the second set is actually the backup folders. Is it safe for me to delete them, and re-run the backup utility specifying some other location (like a Zip drive) for the backup files? Will the backup folders still show up in the "My Contacts" window (even though they are not physically available to Outlook)?