A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Can't Receive Emails



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
duwayneh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Can't Receive Emails

To Whom It May Concern:
I recebtly moved my psts from an XP
machine running Outlook 2003 to one running Outlook 2007. I now get the
below when I press the Send/Receive button.

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80070005) :
'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.'

I have seen several posts on this but no resolution. This worked flawlessly
in Outlook 2003.
--
DuWayne
Ads
  #2  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Peter Foldes[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Can't Receive Emails

P;ease post the complete error message as per verbatim

Error 0x80070005 means that your Anti Virus and or your Security (or both) scanning
is interfering with your receipt of emails


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...
To Whom It May Concern:
I recebtly moved my psts from an XP
machine running Outlook 2003 to one running Outlook 2007. I now get the
below when I press the Send/Receive button.

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80070005) :
'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.'

I have seen several posts on this but no resolution. This worked flawlessly
in Outlook 2003.
--
DuWayne


  #3  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
duwayneh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Can't Receive Emails

Peter,
Hello and thanks for the quick response.
Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80070005) :
'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.'

is the exact error message. I am trying to get to my ISP Mindspring. It
works fine when I connect to an Exchange Server using an OST. In addition it
worked fine with Outlook 2003.
--
DuWayne


"Peter Foldes" wrote:

P;ease post the complete error message as per verbatim

Error 0x80070005 means that your Anti Virus and or your Security (or both) scanning
is interfering with your receipt of emails


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...
To Whom It May Concern:
I recebtly moved my psts from an XP
machine running Outlook 2003 to one running Outlook 2007. I now get the
below when I press the Send/Receive button.

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80070005) :
'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.'

I have seen several posts on this but no resolution. This worked flawlessly
in Outlook 2003.
--
DuWayne


.

  #4  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,485
Default Can't Receive Emails

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

To Whom It May Concern:
I recebtly moved my psts from an XP
machine running Outlook 2003 to one running Outlook 2007. I now get the
below when I press the Send/Receive button.

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80070005) :
'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.'

I have seen several posts on this but no resolution. This worked flawlessly
in Outlook 2003.


Where did you put the PSTs you moved and EXACTLY how did you move them?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

  #5  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
duwayneh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Can't Receive Emails

Brian,
Hello. I copied the pst from the other computer using Windows
explorer. The psts are placed in a new folder structure I created, not in
the default location.

P.S. I tried deleting the .srs file and although outlook recreated it I
still have the same issue. In addition, I deleted and recreated the profile.
--
DuWayne


"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

To Whom It May Concern:
I recebtly moved my psts from an XP
machine running Outlook 2003 to one running Outlook 2007. I now get the
below when I press the Send/Receive button.

Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80070005) :
'You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.'

I have seen several posts on this but no resolution. This worked flawlessly
in Outlook 2003.


Where did you put the PSTs you moved and EXACTLY how did you move them?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

.

  #6  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,485
Default Can't Receive Emails

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

Hello. I copied the pst from the other computer using Windows
explorer. The psts are placed in a new folder structure I created, not in
the default location.

P.S. I tried deleting the .srs file and although outlook recreated it I
still have the same issue. In addition, I deleted and recreated the
profile.


Sounds like you're not using the correct mailbox credentials or server port or
encryption setting.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

  #7  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
duwayneh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Can't Receive Emails

Brian,
Hello. No sir, that would yield syntax -err error. This is a
different error. I beleive it is described here,
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...7-49528b76432e
--
DuWayne


"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

Hello. I copied the pst from the other computer using Windows
explorer. The psts are placed in a new folder structure I created, not in
the default location.

P.S. I tried deleting the .srs file and although outlook recreated it I
still have the same issue. In addition, I deleted and recreated the
profile.


Sounds like you're not using the correct mailbox credentials or server port or
encryption setting.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

.

  #8  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,485
Default Can't Receive Emails

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

Hello. No sir, that would yield syntax -err error.


No, it wouldn't.

The Technet post you cite also indicates authentication issues and, for one
person, clearly states that the SPA setting was the issue. Typically the
errors you describe are caused by using the wrong port, the wrong encryption,
or having something like an antivirus scanner wedged between Outlook and the
real server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

  #9  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
duwayneh
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Can't Receive Emails

Brian,
Hello. Then something has changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook
2007. I am using the same settings and they work (have been for years on
2003) and not on 2007. Do you know what has changed for POP3 Server
connectivity?
--
DuWayne


"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

Hello. No sir, that would yield syntax -err error.


No, it wouldn't.

The Technet post you cite also indicates authentication issues and, for one
person, clearly states that the SPA setting was the issue. Typically the
errors you describe are caused by using the wrong port, the wrong encryption,
or having something like an antivirus scanner wedged between Outlook and the
real server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

.

  #10  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Orland, Kathleen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 233
Default Can't Receive Emails

What security or antivirus software are you using?

--

Kathleen Orland


"duwayneh" wrote in message
...
Brian,
Hello. Then something has changed from Outlook 2003 to

Outlook
2007. I am using the same settings and they work (have been for years on
2003) and not on 2007. Do you know what has changed for POP3 Server
connectivity?
--
DuWayne


"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

"duwayneh" wrote in message
...

Hello. No sir, that would yield syntax -err error.


No, it wouldn't.

The Technet post you cite also indicates authentication issues and, for

one
person, clearly states that the SPA setting was the issue. Typically

the
errors you describe are caused by using the wrong port, the wrong

encryption,
or having something like an antivirus scanner wedged between Outlook and

the
real server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

.



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 OfficeFrustration.
The comments are property of their posters.