A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » General Discussion
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

clipboard only shows one item word 2002 prof

Old June 25th, 2004, 10:40 PM
blshep
external usenet poster

Default clipboard only shows one item word 2002 prof

Hi, The arrows on my clipboard are grey, so I can only see the first item on the clipboard. PLEASE tell me what to do!!! The help menu is useless, as is the info on the web.

--
Bonnie
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:40 AM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster

Hi, Bonnie. If there are no items in the clipboard, then the Clipboard Task Pane title bar will just say "Clipboard". If there is one item in the clipboard, then the Clipboard Task Pane title bar will somewhat deceptively say "1 of 24 - Clipboard", even though there is only one item in the clipboard. 24 is the maximum number of items in the clipboard. The arrows at the top and bottom of the Clipboard Task Pane's vertical scroll bar don't change from gray to black until there are enough items in the clipboard that they can't all be displayed on one screen (on my screen, that's eight or more items). Hope this helps.

"blshep" wrote:

Hi, The arrows on my clipboard are grey, so I can only see the first item on the clipboard. PLEASE tell me what to do!!! The help menu is useless, as is the info on the web.

--
Bonnie

Old June 27th, 2004, 07:14 PM
blshep
external usenet poster

OK, this answers one of my questions, because I do get the "1-24" on the title bar, which led me to believe that my last 24 cuts were in the clipboard. So this means my other 23 cuts are NOT available to me? How do I get the clipboard to save more than one item at a time? thanks, Bonnie
--
Bonnie

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, Bonnie. If there are no items in the clipboard, then the Clipboard Task Pane title bar will just say "Clipboard". If there is one item in the clipboard, then the Clipboard Task Pane title bar will somewhat deceptively say "1 of 24 - Clipboard", even though there is only one item in the clipboard. 24 is the maximum number of items in the clipboard. The arrows at the top and bottom of the Clipboard Task Pane's vertical scroll bar don't change from gray to black until there are enough items in the clipboard that they can't all be displayed on one screen (on my screen, that's eight or more items). Hope this helps.

"blshep" wrote:

--
Bonnie

Old June 27th, 2004, 07:35 PM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster

Yes, that "1 of 24" verbiage is a bit misleading. Each item you copy should be appended to the clipboard, up to 24 items, as long as you leave Word open. But as soon as you close Word, the clipboard empties itself. You can open and close individual documents all you want... just don't close Word. Hope this helps.

"blshep" wrote:

OK, this answers one of my questions, because I do get the "1-24" on the title bar, which led me to believe that my last 24 cuts were in the clipboard. So this means my other 23 cuts are NOT available to me? How do I get the clipboard to save more than one item at a time? thanks, Bonnie
--
Bonnie

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

"blshep" wrote:

--
Bonnie

Old June 28th, 2004, 04:11 PM
blshep
external usenet poster

It didn't help!! While I am working on any one document, I only have access to the very last bit that I cut with Ctrl X. How to make the clipboard save multiple items? thanks,
--
Bonnie

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Yes, that "1 of 24" verbiage is a bit misleading. Each item you copy should be appended to the clipboard, up to 24 items, as long as you leave Word open. But as soon as you close Word, the clipboard empties itself. You can open and close individual documents all you want... just don't close Word. Hope this helps.

"blshep" wrote:

--
Bonnie

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

"blshep" wrote:

--
Bonnie

Old June 28th, 2004, 04:14 PM
blshep
external usenet poster

the message baord keeps telling me that my post has been rejected, so if you get multiple replies, please ignore.

While I am working on any document, and word is still open, my clipboard only saves one item. How to fix this? thanks,
--
Bonnie

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

"blshep" wrote:

--
Bonnie

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

"blshep" wrote:

--
Bonnie