A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Access » Running & Setting Up Queries
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Date Range in Multiple Queries

Old June 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
James Stephens
external usenet poster

Default Date Range in Multiple Queries

Here is the situation I am stuck in. I have 3 queries that pull data off of 3 seperate tables. I then combine them all into one. The problem is that there is a criteria for the date that is set up "Between [Satrt Data] And [End Date]". This is set up for each on the three queries. The problem is that this forces the user to enter the start date and end data 3 times each. Is there a way to make it so that I can enter one start and end data and use that value for three different queries. My only though is create a text box next to the button that uses these to make a report, but I prefer to use the message promt (short on space). Any ideas. Also is there a way to take the value entered in that messgae prompt and put it into the report so that people know the date range of the report.

Thanks,

Jim
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:10 AM
John Vinson
external usenet poster

Default Date Range in Multiple Queries

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:56:07 -0700, "James Stephens"
wrote:

Here is the situation I am stuck in. I have 3 queries that pull data off of 3 seperate tables. I then combine them all into one. The problem is that there is a criteria for the date that is set up "Between [Satrt Data] And [End Date]". This is set up for each on the three queries. The problem is that this forces the user to enter the start date and end data 3 times each. Is there a way to make it so that I can enter one start and end data and use that value for three different queries. My only though is create a text box next to the button that uses these to make a report, but I prefer to use the message promt (short on space). Any ideas. Also is there a way to take the value entered in that messgae prompt and put it into the report so that people know the date range of the report.

The Form approach is indeed the best bet. You might want to pop up an
unbound criteria form for the purpose, if there really isn't room on
the Form for two textboxes. The criterion would be

= [Forms]![yourform]![txtStart] AND DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![yourform]![txtEnd])

The latter to handle date/time fields with a time component.

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public