A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » General Discussion
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

delete headers and footers in word

Old June 25th, 2004, 04:40 PM
christyn
external usenet poster

Default delete headers and footers in word

Thanks...I did that and it deleted the text but the spacing for the headers and footers remains. Do you have any other ideas?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, christyn.

To delete the header and footer in the current document:
1. Click on View | Header and Footer
2. Press Ctrl+A to select all of the text in the header, press Delete
3. Press the DownArrow key to enter the footer, press Ctrl+A and Delete
4. Close the footer.

Search for the normal.dot file on your computer (include hidden and system files and folders). The default location for this file in Windows XP is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, but yours could be in a different place. Open normal.dot, and delete the header and footer as described above.

"christyn" wrote:

I put headers and footers in a word document and now I don't need them. How do I get rid of them? I am using Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1 Pro. When I open a new document, the headers and footers automatically appear.

Thanks for any help.

Old June 25th, 2004, 04:40 PM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster

Hi, christyn.

4. Close the footer.

Search for the normal.dot file on your computer (include hidden and system files and folders). The default location for this file in Windows XP is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, but yours could be in a different place. Open normal.dot, and delete the header and footer as described above.

"christyn" wrote:

I put headers and footers in a word document and now I don't need them. How do I get rid of them? I am using Microsoft Word 2000 SR-1 Pro. When I open a new document, the headers and footers automatically appear.

Thanks for any help.

Old June 25th, 2004, 04:43 PM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster

Possibly you need to adjust the margins in File | Page Setup?

"christyn" wrote:

Thanks...I did that and it deleted the text but the spacing for the headers and footers remains. Do you have any other ideas?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, christyn.

4. Close the footer.

"christyn" wrote:

Thanks for any help.