A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Unable to save a security setting

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Eric Lommatsch
external usenet poster

Default Unable to save a security setting

I am in the process of creating an application that will automatically send out email's through outlook when certain conditions occur. However in outlook 2003 with the default security settings the user is prompted to send out emails that are automacially generated. I Installed Outlook Administrator Pack and tried to create an exception group that will not wait for the user to say in effect "yes I want to send this email". However when I try to save and close the exception security setting I am getting a message box that states,

"The Access levels on this security setting cannot be saved, probably because of an invalid password. This setting is currently set as a default setting for all users. You should either delete the setting or save it again, and type the correct password"

I try saving the setting but I am never getting an opportunity to type a password, as far as I know Outlook is using my normal system password, which as the system administrator I know is good. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to get this to work?

Thanks