A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Access » Setting Up & Running Reports
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Report Based Upon Parameter Query with Form References

Old July 15th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Vincent DeLuca
external usenet poster

Default Report Based Upon Parameter Query with Form References

To All:

Would the data that is passed from the query that is based upon a parameter text box form be limited to the range specified by the parameter query as shown in a report based upon that query, or would you need to "pass along" the values to limit the data to the range desired within the report itself?

I have successfully created a parameter query based upon form text box data for the desired date range that displays the accurate data, but cannot get a report based upon that query to print. The same report when pulling the same data in which I type in the parameters in popup boxes (based upon a copy of the same query without form references) works fine. I cannot locate the reason for this.

The query with the references to the dialog box form text boxes has the following parameters:

[Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] Date/Time
[Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate] Date/Time

And in the [Date] column of this crosstab query:

Where

Between [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] AND [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate]

The same form without the dialog box references has the following parameters:

StartingDate Date/Time
EndingDate Date/Time

Why would I be running into this problem?

Thanks.

Vincent DeLuca

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Vincent DeLuca
external usenet poster

I have reworded this problem more accurately--

To All:

I have a report based upon a crosstab query with parameters. The crosstab query works fine and pulls its values from a dialog box with two date values, a starting date and an ending date.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get a report based upon that query to print unless I type in the parameters that pop up.

How do I get the report to work based upon the values I type into the form without asking for those values again when I run the report?

The query with the references to the dialog box form text boxes has the following parameters:

Where

Between [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] AND [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate]

StartingDate Date/Time
EndingDate Date/Time

Thanks.

Vincent DeLuca

"Vincent DeLuca" wrote:

To All:

Would the data that is passed from the query that is based upon a parameter text box form be limited to the range specified by the parameter query as shown in a report based upon that query, or would you need to "pass along" the values to limit the data to the range desired within the report itself?

I have successfully created a parameter query based upon form text box data for the desired date range that displays the accurate data, but cannot get a report based upon that query to print. The same report when pulling the same data in which I type in the parameters in popup boxes (based upon a copy of the same query without form references) works fine. I cannot locate the reason for this.

Where

StartingDate Date/Time
EndingDate Date/Time

Thanks.

Vincent DeLuca

Old July 15th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Marshall Barton
external usenet poster

Vincent DeLuca wrote:

To All:

Where

StartingDate Date/Time
EndingDate Date/Time

It sure sounds like you forgot to explicitly declare the
parameters in the query.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Vincent DeLuca
external usenet poster

Hi, Marsh-

Here is the SQL for the query:

PARAMETERS [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] DateTime, [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate] DateTime;
TRANSFORM "~" & Sum([Pulls]) & "~" & Sum([Errors]) & "~" & Format(Avg([AccuracyPercent]),"0.00%") AS CheckPullsErrorsPercent
SELECT [Workers Query (All)].LastFirstMiddle, [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].WorkerID
FROM [Workers Query (All)] INNER JOIN (DayOfWeekList INNER JOIN [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query] ON DayOfWeekList.DayNumber = [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].Day) ON [Workers Query (All)].WorkerID = [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].WorkerID
WHERE ((([WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].Date) Between [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] And [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate]))
GROUP BY [Workers Query (All)].LastFirstMiddle, [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].WorkerID
PIVOT DayOfWeekList.DayOfWeek;

As you can see, the parameters have been explicitly declared. The query runs fine without requesting the parameter values. The report, hwoever, asks for the values no matter what. Still scrathing my head on this one...

Thanks.

Vince

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

Vincent DeLuca wrote:

To All:

Where

StartingDate Date/Time
EndingDate Date/Time

It sure sounds like you forgot to explicitly declare the
parameters in the query.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Old July 19th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Marshall Barton
external usenet poster

Vincent DeLuca wrote:
Here is the SQL for the query:

PARAMETERS [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] DateTime, [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate] DateTime;
TRANSFORM "~" & Sum([Pulls]) & "~" & Sum([Errors]) & "~" & Format(Avg([AccuracyPercent]),"0.00%") AS CheckPullsErrorsPercent
SELECT [Workers Query (All)].LastFirstMiddle, [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].WorkerID
FROM [Workers Query (All)] INNER JOIN (DayOfWeekList INNER JOIN [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query] ON DayOfWeekList.DayNumber = [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].Day) ON [Workers Query (All)].WorkerID = [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].WorkerID
WHERE ((([WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].Date) Between [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![StartingDate] And [Forms]![EmployeePullsDialogBox]![EndingDate]))
GROUP BY [Workers Query (All)].LastFirstMiddle, [WorkerPullsforCustomer Query].WorkerID
PIVOT DayOfWeekList.DayOfWeek;

As you can see, the parameters have been explicitly declared. The query runs fine without requesting the parameter values. The report, hwoever, asks for the values no matter what. Still scrathing my head on this one...

What is the exact prompt string that you see? If you
reference any undefined name in a report text box, you will
be prompted for a value. So if you have a text box that is
supposed to display the parameter value, make sure that it
is spelled exactly the same way as the parameter or is a
reference to a valid control on an open form.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]