A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Access » Running & Setting Up Queries
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.access.queries
eckert1961
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox

Hello,

I have a combobox on a form and currently I manually select the next item
for a member as needed. This is fine for 1 or 2 but typically I have to do
this for 20+. Is there a way to select the next item on the list either using
an update query or code?

--
Regards,
Chris
Ads
  #2  
Old May 20th, 2010, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.access.queries
eckert1961
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox

Here's some additional information. On the form that the combobox is on I
also have a checkbox labelled Ready. On the update if the checkbox is
selected then I want the combobox to select the next item on the list.
--
Regards,
Chris


"eckert1961" wrote:

Hello,

I have a combobox on a form and currently I manually select the next item
for a member as needed. This is fine for 1 or 2 but typically I have to do
this for 20+. Is there a way to select the next item on the list either using
an update query or code?

--
Regards,
Chris

  #3  
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.access.queries
PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 307
Default Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox

eckert1961 wrote:
Here's some additional information. On the form that the combobox is on I
also have a checkbox labelled Ready. On the update if the checkbox is
selected then I want the combobox to select the next item on the list.
Hello,

I have a combobox on a form and currently I manually select the next item
for a member as needed. This is fine for 1 or 2 but typically I have to do
this for 20+. Is there a way to select the next item on the list either using
an update query or code?


If condition Then
With Me.cboDates
.SetFocus
.ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1
End With
End If

--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...eries/201005/1

  #4  
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.access.queries
eckert1961
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox

Thanks Pieter,

What code would I add to this so that all records would be checked to
determine if that Ready checkbox is selected? I also forgot to mention that
along with selecting the next item in the cbo I also want to clear the Ready
Flag.
--
Regards,
Chris


"PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

eckert1961 wrote:
Here's some additional information. On the form that the combobox is on I
also have a checkbox labelled Ready. On the update if the checkbox is
selected then I want the combobox to select the next item on the list.
Hello,

I have a combobox on a form and currently I manually select the next item
for a member as needed. This is fine for 1 or 2 but typically I have to do
this for 20+. Is there a way to select the next item on the list either using
an update query or code?


If condition Then
With Me.cboDates
.SetFocus
.ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1
End With
End If

--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...eries/201005/1

.

  #5  
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.access.queries
eckert1961
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox

Hello,

I need some additional guidance to get this to work. Where would I place
this code? Do I create a module and assign it to a command button? Here is
some additional information.

Combobox Name: GradeAttempting

Forms Name: Members

Checkbox Name: Ready

Any additional assistance would be greatly appreciated.
--
Regards,
Chris


"eckert1961" wrote:

Thanks Pieter,

What code would I add to this so that all records would be checked to
determine if that Ready checkbox is selected? I also forgot to mention that
along with selecting the next item in the cbo I also want to clear the Ready
Flag.
--
Regards,
Chris


"PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

eckert1961 wrote:
Here's some additional information. On the form that the combobox is on I
also have a checkbox labelled Ready. On the update if the checkbox is
selected then I want the combobox to select the next item on the list.
Hello,

I have a combobox on a form and currently I manually select the next item
for a member as needed. This is fine for 1 or 2 but typically I have to do
this for 20+. Is there a way to select the next item on the list either using
an update query or code?


If condition Then
With Me.cboDates
.SetFocus
.ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1
End With
End If

--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...eries/201005/1

.

  #6  
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.access.queries
eckert1961
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default Access 2003: Select Next Item in Combobox

I've made some head way. Here is what I have so far.

Private Sub GradeAttempting()
If Nz(Forms.Members.Ready, True) = True And Nz(Forms.Members.Active, True) =
True Then
With Forms.Members.GradeAttempting
.SetFocus
.ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1
End With
End If
End Sub

This works but only for the member that I have the form open to. To update
the rest of the records I have to manually navigate through all members and
run the code for each page.

What I want is have the code cycle through all of the records and update
GradeAttempting. What code do I need to accomplish this?
--
Regards,
Chris


"eckert1961" wrote:

Hello,

I need some additional guidance to get this to work. Where would I place
this code? Do I create a module and assign it to a command button? Here is
some additional information.

Combobox Name: GradeAttempting

Forms Name: Members

Checkbox Name: Ready

Any additional assistance would be greatly appreciated.
--
Regards,
Chris


"eckert1961" wrote:

Thanks Pieter,

What code would I add to this so that all records would be checked to
determine if that Ready checkbox is selected? I also forgot to mention that
along with selecting the next item in the cbo I also want to clear the Ready
Flag.
--
Regards,
Chris


"PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

eckert1961 wrote:
Here's some additional information. On the form that the combobox is on I
also have a checkbox labelled Ready. On the update if the checkbox is
selected then I want the combobox to select the next item on the list.
Hello,

I have a combobox on a form and currently I manually select the next item
for a member as needed. This is fine for 1 or 2 but typically I have to do
this for 20+. Is there a way to select the next item on the list either using
an update query or code?

If condition Then
With Me.cboDates
.SetFocus
.ListIndex = .ListIndex + 1
End With
End If

--
Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/For...eries/201005/1

.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 OfficeFrustration.
The comments are property of their posters.