Default Text moves on saving

----- Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP] wrote: -----

Hi Jan ),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I set my own text box margins and am using my own template, with my
|| own text styles.
|| I tried another printer. I usually print on a network printer and
|| set it for a local printer. The same problem occurred.

Are you noticing that if you double check your margins that you set, are
those margins changing from the settings you designated.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.mvps.org/publisher
~pay it foward~

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

Hi Brian,
The template I use has evolved through various versions of Publisher. In looking more closely at it, I see some variations.
My template starts with 7 blank pages, with one large text frame on each page. The first three pages have a text box margin of .04". The next four pages have a margin of .0396". These last text frames are also slightly larger on the page. I likely started with a three page template and later added another four pages. In comparing my present document with the template, I can see no changes in either the text box margin, nor in the size of text boxes, except where I shortened the box to include a graphic at the bottom of the page when a particular sub-topic ended.
I often shorten frames for the convenience of sub-topics. I seldom alter text frame margins.
The document I am working on was proving particularly difficult yesterday. Finally it would not readjust to proper layout even when I returned to the first page. So I had to delete a blank line on the first page. Since then I have had no text jumping onto the next page. (I have deleted lines in the past only to find out that I eventually needed to put them back so the text would line up with the illustration.)

Thanks,
Jan