View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Wright
external usenet poster

Default Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc

I have Word 2003 running on XP Professional with Service Pack 3 and all updates that I have been invited to install. I know this topic is getting old but I have only recently started experiencing the problem. It occurs intermittently and when it does, by the time I have dismissed the message box that appears, either by clicking OK or the close button, the document opens as an empty document in Courier font. The file is reduced to a zero byte file. In other words, the file is destroyed. I would not like this to happen to a document that might have taken days to create. In each case the files were created with Word 2003.

I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet but since nobody else has complained of their files being destroyed, I thought you would like to know. It seems I will have to back up my files on a daily or bi-daily basis until this can be fixed, so that I don't destroy hours of work simply by attempting to open a file. This would be the most serious problem I have encountered in fifteen years of using Word. If Microsoft caused it, they need a good kick in the corporate pants.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-mswrd632.wpc