View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general
horia m
external usenet poster

Default need a custom action to MOVE sent items - terrybizerbaus

there seems to be now solution for "mark as read".
I found a software add-in from Sperry Software, that pretends to do this (for about 30$, but didn't test it yet.

Generally, the big trouble with Outlook is, that it handles mail in two different categories: SENT and RECEIVED.
Other email programs have wonderful filtering possibilities (the old Eudora 7, Thunderbird, etc.), and it's because they DO NOT separate mails in those two classes (send and received). In those programms, you can set up a filtering rule for ALL mails (received, sent, or being in any other folder), so that it is very simple to keep all mails that you send or receive e.g. from a certain person, in one single folder, just by saying: "move all mails with the keyword "john doe" to the folder "john doe".

In fact, I was an Eudora user for many years, but was forced to change to Outlook because of bussiness standards and because mobile phones do not syncronise with something else but Outlook.

Otherwise, I am not happy about the sometimes very cumbersome Outlook, that does everything like an old bureaucrat, instead of being simple and user-friendly. Outlook can do a lot of things, but, my god, it's SO complicated to learn how!

from Vienna,
Horia

terrybizerbaus wrote:

need a custom action to MOVE sent items
03-Sep-08

Have you found a soultion to the question of how to mark as read when moved
in 2003?

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx