View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:29 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: May 2011

I have the overwrite problem too when the font is Palatino Linotype v 1.3 or v1.4. I only get a couple of overtypes per paragraph.

I have Office 2007, Vista, and HP 2430 network printer.
other PC has Office XP, Office 2007, and prints fine on the HP2430.

The Vista PC has Palatino v 5.0
The other PC has Palatino v1.3 and v1.4 (I think one version came with Office 2003 which used to be on this PC and one says its an HP version.
MS website only shows Palatino Linotype V5.0 as being available.

V5.0 is an Open Type font, and one of the v1.3 or 1.4 is a True type.
I copied v1.3 to the Vista PC where it is called Palatino (no Linotype) and when I change the document to Palatino from Palatino Linotype, it prints fine.
Wife is buying a new laptop and will get Win 7 and Office 2010. Can't wait to try printing it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dr1ver View Post
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm having an identical problem and this seems to be the only posting I can find referencing it. The only thing that's different is that I can successfully print in Palatino Linotype (our office default font for publishing documents) from a Windows XP machine running Office 2003, but when I try printing from either an XP or Windows 7 machine running Office 2007, some of the letters are overlapping each other. The letters that are overlapping only occur on the last line of a paragraph 90% of the time, but the error is spotted throughout the document.

I have tested multiple printers and this only seems to happen on our HP LaserJet 2430, and only from Office 2007.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.