View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2010, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
patrick barbour
external usenet poster

Default Use Vlookup to store formulas?

Thanks for trying to wade through this long post, Roger! -) I realize it's pretty durned confusing, but it wouldn't be B1 in the second Vlookup the way I'm doing it. The columns I need to pull from change every row(!). The idea is that I'm pulling all the formula parts based only on whether Wet or Dry is chosen in column A. (It's pretty clunky.
)

I check on Wet/Dry and then go to the lookup table to see which column I should be grabbing first in the main worksheet. I then use that same Wet/Dry choice to go back to the lookup table and find out what the second column is that I should be grabbing from the main worksheet, etc. This is because depending on what the user chooses in column A, I could be pulling columns B, C, F and Q or maybe a completely different set, like C, F, L, S, U and Z!

I guess what I'm saying is that in an ideal world I could just check on Wet/Dry and then do one single lookup to return the correct formula text, e.g., 'B1&C1&F1&Q1'. I could then turn this text into a formula after updating the row # to reflect the actual row I was on (with Offset, or whatever). Again, thanks. --patrick

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...store-formulas